About Us

Welcome....This is the story of our family. As the parents of a 3-year old and an 12-year old we are on a non-stop journey through life that includes diapers, teething, soccer, and middle school. Believe it or not, the latter seems to be the most difficult.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Well Thanksgiving is here and here is a description of how we spent the holiday. There had been plans of shopping, visiting family, visiting the zoo and enjoying the time we have off together. However, Jacob's immune system had other plans. For the last 5 days he has been fighting off the flu. He's had the fever, aches and pains, and of course the congestion. So here is how we spent our holiday. Happy Thanksgiving to all! - Kim, David, Rebekah & Jacob

Throughout the last few days I feel as if I had sudden 30-lb growth. I spent about 95% of my time the last week sitting in my chair in this position. And when I wasn't sitting and holding Jacob I had Jacob attached to my leg as I tried to move around the house.

Wow! I didn't think that you could actually tell how tired I was in these pictures, but that is the look of a mother with a sick 2-year old. I think that as of today, David and myself are working on an average of 3 to 4 hours of sleep each night since Sunday. Most of the night I spend pacing with Jacob in my arms because as long as he is upright he can breathe. Poor little guy :(

Even Rebekah didn't escape the never ending demands of a sick toddler. She tried to escape to the bathroom but Jacob really wanted to play with the play-doh with her.

Those times that I was not at the mercy of Jacob, David took over to read stories so that, unlike Rebekah, I could go to the bathroom without a friendly visitor. By the way, Aunt Amanda Jacob just loves his Thomas books.

Overall it's been a tough week, but as with everything we will get through it. We are thankful for the fact that even though things don't always go as planned we have our children with us, we have the support of our family and there is nothing more important to us than family. Love and good blessings to all our friends and family. - Kim

No comments:

Blog Archive